What Color Braces Make Your Teeth Look Whiter and What Colors to Avoid
What color braces make your teeth look whiter? What colors should you avoid?
The color of your braces is important and you probably would like to make your teeth look whiter in the process. Your treatment could last many months and even years. That being said, you want to be happy with the color bands you choose for your braces. Whether you’re looking to find a color that compliments your outfit, your skin, or something else, the color of your braces can give you the confidence you are looking for.
What Braces Color is Right for Me?
Your braces color can be changed at each regular visit. So, luckily you don’t have to commit to one color. You can even test out different colors during your treatment. It can be a difficult decision when you finally get to pick your first color. To make the decision less stressful, here are some tips on choosing the best braces color for you:
- Make your teeth look whiter – Darker shades like royal/navy blue, purple, and even black can make the color of your teeth appear whiter. Even so, be aware that colors like dark green and brown can look like food.
- What about white braces – Although this may be a color you were thinking of, you may want to stray away. Not only can white bands become discolored over time, but they also make your teeth look more yellow. This is definitely something to keep in mind.
- Yellow or Gold – Just as with white, these two colors could make your your teeth look stained.
- Top Tip – If you have more of a yellow tint to your teeth your safe choosing clear or silver bands. If you have more naturally white teeth, then black can make then look even whiter.
- Less noticeable, more desirable look
- You don’t need to wear them when you eat
- Easily brush and floss your teeth
- Less in-office visits required
- More comfortable
- No food restrictions
- You can whiten your teeth normally
So, if you are getting ready for your first appointment or your next, think about what color you would like. Wether you are going for more of a festive look based on the month or simply for appearance, the color you choose is important. If you are looking to get braces, schedule a free consultation with us and we’ll help you choose the color(s) for your braces.