Braces Colors That Make Your Teeth Look Whiter
What color braces make your teeth look whiter? What colors should you avoid?
The color of your braces is important and you probably would like to make your teeth look whiter in the process. Your treatment could last many months and even years. That being said, you want to be happy with the color bands you choose for your braces. Whether you’re looking to find a color that compliments your outfit, your skin, or something else, the color of your braces can give you the confidence you are looking for.
What Braces Color is Right for Me?
Your braces color can be changed at each regular visit. So, luckily you don’t have to commit to one color. You can even test out different colors during your treatment. It can be a difficult decision when you finally get to pick your first color. To make the decision less stressful, here are some tips on choosing the best braces color for you:
- Make your teeth look whiter – Darker shades like royal/navy blue, purple, and even black can make the color of your teeth appear whiter. Even so, be aware that colors like dark green and brown can look like food.
- What about white braces – Although this may be a color you were thinking of, you may want to stray away. Not only can white bands become discolored over time, but they also make your teeth look more yellow. This is definitely something to keep in mind.
- Yellow or Gold – Just as with white, these two colors could make your teeth look stained.
- Top Tip – If you have more of a yellow tint to your teeth you’re safe choosing clear or silver bands. If you have more naturally white teeth, then black can make them look even whiter.
- Less noticeable, a more desirable look
- You don’t need to wear them when you eat
- Easily brush and floss your teeth
- Less in-office visits required
- More comfortable
- No food restrictions
- You can whiten your teeth normally
Which braces colors are best for making teeth appear whiter?
Generally, lighter and cooler tones such as white, silver, clear, light blue, or light pink can create the illusion of whiter teeth.
How do certain braces colors create the illusion of whiter teeth?
Lighter colors reflect more light, which can make teeth appear brighter. Cool tones can also contrast with the warm tones of teeth, making them look whiter by comparison.
Are there specific shades or tones of braces colors that work better for this purpose?
Yes, shades like silver, clear, or light blue tend to work well for making teeth look whiter. Avoiding dark or highly saturated colors can prevent the appearance of teeth looking yellower.
Will certain colors make my teeth look yellower or darker instead?
Darker or highly saturated colors such as black, dark blue, or dark green may create a contrast that emphasizes the natural color of teeth, potentially making them look yellower or darker.
Can I choose clear or white braces to make my teeth appear whiter?
Yes, clear or white braces can be effective choices for making teeth look whiter. Clear braces blend in with the natural color of teeth, while white braces can create a brightening effect.
So, if you are getting ready for your first appointment or your next, think about what color you would like. Whether you are going for more of a festive look based on the month or simply for appearance, the color you choose is important. If you are looking to get braces, schedule a free consultation with us and we’ll help you choose the color(s) for your braces.